In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we are focusing on the Migration and Mobility Agreement between India and Italy, the TSSC to train and place over 1.5 lakh candidates in the telecom sector, and the ‘Smartphone Filmmaking Course’ in Kashmir. Beyond these key highlights, the edition also has other important updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- In the Year-End Review 2023, MSDE notes a 47.77% growth in training institutes and seating capacity and introduced new courses and strengthening collaborations to enhance skill development across the country.
- The Union Cabinet has given approval for the Ministry of External Affairs to sign and ratify the Migration and Mobility Agreement between India and Italy.
- Union Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan discusses the ViksitBharat@2047 initiative with students of IIM Jammu, focusing on shaping India’s education and skill development landscape by 2047, aligning with national goals.
In 2024 – watch out for our workshops, webinars and virtual events- kindly fill in the form to let us know about your interest!
Click the link: NSN workshops, webinars and virtual events.
Skill development news from the industry
- India’s semiconductor sector to generate three lakh jobs by 2026 in various roles which includes, testing, engineering, software development, system circuit, validation operations and more.
- TeamLease EdTech, IIT Patna, and NSDC have signed an MoU for innovative learning programs, enhancing employability with work-linked hybrid degrees.
- According to TeamLease Degree Apprenticeship, Pune, Bangalore, and Coimbatore are projected to have the highest Net Apprenticeship Outlook (NAO) from October 2023 to March 2024 among Indian cities.
- TSSC to train and place over 1.5 lakh candidates in the telecom and related emerging technologies sector in the upcoming financial year, aims to address the growing demand-supply gap.
- Ambuja Foundation has partnered with HDFC Bank Parivartan to establish a training centre in Delhi-NCR, aiming to empower 1700 youth in the next 3 years with employable skills under the Focused Rural Development Program (FRDP).
- Aequs has partnered with MSU and NSDC to launch an Aerospace Manufacturing Technology Center, aiming to provide industry-relevant technical education to empower youth.
- Over the last five years, there has been a 6.3-fold surge in students opting for online certification courses to enhance their skill sets, reports Internshala Trainings.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- Indian Hotels to skill ITI trainees in hospitality through an MoU with the directorate of skill development and entrepreneurship in Goa, expanding training opportunities for a skilled workforce in the sector across nine government ITIs.
- TPSODL has partnered with Government ITIs in Berhampur and Hinjilicut for a “Safety-Nest” program, bridging theory-practice gap, and imparting crucial safety skills to technical students.
- Tata Technologies Ltd to invest Rs. 2000 crores in Industry 4.0 skilling centers for job-oriented skill development in Telangana’s government ITIs.
Skill development news from the academia
- The Indian Army, in partnership with FTII Pune, organized a five-day ‘Smartphone Filmmaking Course’ in North Kashmir’s Kupwara district.
- The State Education Department is setting up to implement the significant responsibility of the National Credit Framework (NCrF) in 2024.
NSDC to host IndiaSkills 2023-24: Register now!
Last date to register: 7th January 2024
To register, please visit – https://www.skillindiadigital.gov.in/home
For more information, please visit – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/indiaskills-2023-register-now-to-showcase-your-skills-on-the-global-stage/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: As per ISR-2024, Andhra Pradesh takes the lead in internship interest, future skills, with more than 98% of aspiring individuals expressing a keen desire to gain practical experience.
- Tamil Nadu: BSNL has partnered with IIT Madras and Anna University for initiatives enhancing skill sets of students and young professionals.
- Uttar Pradesh: Over 44,000+ government upper primary schools, the Uttar Pradesh government plans to introduce animation, Photoshop, and video production lessons from Class 6 under NEP 2020.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.