Here’s what’s trending in this week’s Newsbytes from NSN! In this edition, we’re diving into the latest highlights from the world of skill development, focusing on boosting skilled manpower in the auto industry, the release of the AVGC-XR draft policy, the launch of AI as a vocational course, and EOI and RFP opportunities from NSDC, TNSDC, and MSDE. We’ll also explore exclusive insights from the forefront of skill development, covering everything from groundbreaking initiatives to emerging trends in technology, NEP 2020, and more. Our aim is to provide you with a comprehensive view of the constantly evolving landscape.
Here we go with this week’s edition of our weekly newsbytes,
Top 5 highlights in skill education in India
- Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA Academy) has partnered with Bharatiya Skill Development University to roll out a dedicated program to create a talent pool to meet the demand of skilled automobile workers.
- Classmate organized the Classmate All Rounder (CAR) National Grand Finale in Delhi, aligning with NEP 2020 to promote holistic skill development among students.
- Tata Steel Foundation and HP Inc. India have launched ‘Kaushalyan’ mobile skill development lab to provide digital skills to underserved students and teachers, in alignment with NEP 2020.
- The government of Kerala has introduced a draft AVGC-XR policy to cultivate talent in the industry establish and expand 250 companies, create 50,000 new jobs, and incubate 150 startups by 2029.
- Lucknow University to introduce AI vocational course in the year 2024-25, collaborated with a multinational corporation for teacher training.
EOI and RFP opportunities in skills and education
REOI for Empanelment of Strategic Partner for Education Initiatives at Schools in India
National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) invites proposals for strategic partnerships with agencies aligning with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020. The aim is to energize the school ecosystem by providing holistic, skill-based education, promoting critical thinking, creativity, and experiential learning. Agencies should submit their proposals via e-procurement at https://nsdc.eproc.in , demonstrating the required qualifications and expertise to play a strategic role in the school ecosystem. The last date to submit is January 31, 2024.
TNSDC-EOI for Master Trainers and Master Assessor
Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation (TNSDC) invites Expression of Interest (EOI) for Empanelment of Master Trainer and Master Assessor for Skill Development Training’s under TNSDC. Last date to apply is March 31st, 2024. Interested and eligible candidates shall submit their application through online here – https://www.tnskill.tn.gov.in/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/MasterTOT.pdf
Request for Proposal (RFP) by MSDE for Selection of Consultancy Firm/Agency for Project Monitoring Unit (PMU)
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has released a bid document regarding Selection of Consultancy Agency/Firm for Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) to support the implementation of the scheme Skill India Program. The last date to apply is January 30th, 2024. To access the document, click on the link here: https://www.msde.gov.in/sites/default/files/2024-01/bid%20document.pdf
In 2024 – watch out for our workshops, webinars and virtual events- kindly fill in the form to let us know about your interest!
Click the link: NSN workshops, webinars and virtual events.
Updates from the MSDE, NSDC, NCVET
Explore the most recent initiatives from the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to foster skill development and education across India. Click here to read more…
Stakeholder collaboration – Industry, Academia and Government
- GoodWe’s Eco Smart Tour in India empowered 90+ participants, fostering sustainability with the Skill Council for Green Jobs to drive India’s potential for green businesses through skill development and entrepreneurship.
- ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India has inaugurated Digital Skill Centre in Keonjhar, Odisha, aiming to upskill local youth for IT-ITes jobs through CSR initiative Daksh in partnership with NSDC.
- The government of Andhra Pradesh partners with Centurion University for skill development, aiming to advance initiatives and establish a Skill University.
- The government of Karnataka Minister inaugurated Bengaluru GAFX-2024 (Gaming, Animation and Visual Effects), focusing on IT development, skill building, and job creation in the AVGC sector.
Skilling and Upskilling in Emerging Technologies
- NSDC partners with Bhashini to translate skill training content into vernacular languages, expanding access to educational resources.
- 30 students embarked on a 2-month skill development program at IIT Jammu, supported by District Administration and AVSAR scheme, enhancing youth employability.
- JMI’s CIE has collaborated with NASSCOM for free skill courses in programming, cloud computing, game development, and cybersecurity, fostering innovation and entrepreneurship.
To keep up with the recent updates from NSN, please follow our WhatsApp channel – https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va9EpiI9Gv7Q5RTN5I2E
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.