In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we shine a spotlight on MSDE and IBM collaboration on digital skilling, Maharashtra-UK higher education collaboration, launch of CRIIIO 4 GOOD modules. Beyond these key features, we also provide updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Education and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, presided over the signing of 8 MoUs between MoE, MSDE and IBM on September 27, 2023. These MoUs are centered on digital skilling and emerging technology skill development. Read more…
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan had launched the CRIIIO 4 GOOD modules, aimed at promoting gender equality and empowering youth.
- The Ministry of Education has launched Bhartiya Bhasha Utsav and Technology and Bhartiya Bhasha Summit which focused on technology and facilitate transition from current education ecosystem in line with NEP 2020.
Quiz on Gandhian concepts of education and crafts
On the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti, Team NSN has come up with a quiz on Gandhian concepts of education and crafts. Click on the link to take the quiz – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-quiz-on-mahatma-gandhis-concepts-of-education-and-crafts/
Skill development news from the industry
- Logistics Sector Skill Council signed an MoU with the Technological University Dublin to conduct collaborative research studies in logistics and provide short-term internships to the students.
- Microsoft has collaborated with The Ministry of Education and AICTE to provide students with digital skills in areas like AI, cloud, data science, data analytics and security.
- Diageo India has announced the expansion of ‘Learning for Life’ program in collaboration with Skill Council for Persons with Disability (SCPwD) to prepare 100 PwDs for roles in business and hospitality sector.
Skill development news from the academia
- Maharashtra-UK Higher Education Conference centered on digital learning, tech, and interdisciplinary studies, fostering collaboration between 13 UK universities and 30+ Maharashtra universities.
- UGC has commenced the selection of 721 NEP SAARTHIs to bring students from 262 higher education institutions to implement NEP 2020.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: ASDC and Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation has signed an MoU to implement skill training programs for students and ToT in the automotive sector across the state.
- Jammu and Kashmir: The District Employment and Counseling Centre Doda, in collaboration with G.K. Educational Trust, initiated a 3-month ‘Data Entry Operator’ skill development course to empower youth.
- Madhya Pradesh: The Madhya Pradesh government had collaborated with Magic Bus India Foundation to introduce project ‘Saksham’, a skills education program in the government schools.
- Meghalaya: The Meghalaya government plans to implement NEP 2020 for the ongoing academic session and intends to recruit 500 teaching personnel at People’s College.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.