In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we’re diving into the latest highlights focusing on NEP 2020 online interactive workshop, women candidates selected for the apprenticeship program, PSSCIVE Conference on TVET Research, and Budget 2024. We’ll also explore exclusive insights from the forefront of skill development, covering everything from groundbreaking initiatives to emerging trends in technology, NEP 2020, and more.
Here we go with this week’s edition of our weekly newsbytes,
Top 5 highlights in skill education in India
- National Conference on Perspectives and Practices in Vocational Education and Training held at PSSCIVE, Bhopal brought together researchers in the TVET space from all parts of India. In the keynote address, Dr Madhuri Dubey, Founder-Director, NSN shared insights on the importance of networking in vocational education. The agenda highlighted the crucial role of research in skill-based learning, emphasizing its significance in making India the global skill capital.
- BluPine Energy has launched five skill centres to train 120 students in renewable energy projects across India, empowering individuals through collaboration with Probe Research and Social Development.
- German State Secretary, Leonie Gebers, invited Indian professionals to explore opportunities in Germany’s labor market during her visit to Delhi’s Don Bosco Technical Institute.
- Over 500 women candidates got selected for the apprenticeship program through Assam skill development mission, these candidates will be trained at the final assembly testing and packaging facility in Bengaluru.
- Five more states seek to organize a recruitment drive for Israel, and over 5,600 skilled candidates were selected in the initial drive.
NEP 2020 Orientation Workshop
Team NSN is organizing an online interactive workshop, an “orientation to NEP 2020 and strategy for implementation” on February 17th, 2024.
- Date: February 17th, 2024.
- Time: 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Participant fee: Rs. 750/-
Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/workshops/
Updates from the MSDE, NSDC, NCVET
- MSDE aims to align skill programs with national priorities and enhance private sector engagement for a new-age skilled workforce.
- MSDE hosted a dialogue with a German delegation led by Leonie Gebers, State Secretary of BMAS, to enhance cooperation in skill development and facilitate the mobility of skilled workers from India to Germany.
Exclusive Opportunities: EOI and RFP Updates from TNSDC, and CGSSC
TNSDC-EOI for Master Trainers and Master Assessor
Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation (TNSDC) invites Expression of Interest (EOI) for Empanelment of Master Trainer and Master Assessor for Skill Development Training’s under TNSDC. Last date to apply is March 31st, 2024. Interested and eligible candidates shall submit their application by clicking on the link here.
Capital Goods and Strategic Skill Council (CGSSC) invites Expression of Interest for Tools & Equipment Distribution in centres under PM-Vishwakarma Scheme
The EOI is published to invite manufacturers and suppliers to collaborate for providing Tools & Equipment for Capital Goods Trade at Training Centres PAN India under the PM-Vishwakarma Scheme. The last date is February 15, 2024. Click on the link here to know more: https://www.cgsc.in/
Stakeholder collaboration – Industry, Academia and Government
- Women inmates at District Jail, Kohima, Nagaland, will receive vocational training in sewing with the launch of a training centre. The initiative aims to provide valuable skills through 10 sewing machines.
- Indian Hotels Company (IHCL) inaugurated its 32nd skill training center in Ekta Nagar, Gujarat, with a goal to train 100,000 youth by 2030 under its ESG+ framework.
- The government of Goa has signed MOUs with corporates and institutions to foster education, skill development, health sectors, among others.
- Around 4,100 skilled labourers from Uttar Pradesh have been recruited to perform various jobs such as bar bending, tiling, carpentry and more in Israel.
- Tata Power-DDL has partnered with ASCI to provide skill training in power and renewable energy sectors through a MoU, aiming for co-creation and development of courses.
- The first batch of 30 trainees for the Tailor (Darzi) program was launched at the Government Women ITI Jammu, marking the implementation of the PM Vishwakarma Yojna.
Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs, Ms. Nirmala Sitharaman, unveiled the Interim Budget for FY 2024-25 on February 1, 2024. Read more…
Skilling and Upskilling in Emerging Technologies
- Samsung R&D Institute Noida has signed an MoU with IIT Kanpur for a five-year program, comprising joint research in health, visual framework, B2B security, Generative AI, and Cloud technologies.
- Latha Mathavan Group has signed an MoU with and Powna Education Trust to offer industry-ready programs, benefiting around 10,000 students annually with training on emerging technology and job opportunities.
To keep up with the recent updates from NSN, please follow our WhatsApp channel – https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029Va9EpiI9Gv7Q5RTN5I2E
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.