In this week’s Newsbytes from NSN, we bring you the latest highlights from the world of skill development. In this edition, we shine a spotlight on NEP 2020 orientation workshop, iMOVE online presentation on “VET on the move: Health and Geriatric Care – Vocational and Further Training for Nursing Staff” for India. Beyond these key features, we also provide updates from government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive overview that not only keeps you informed about industry trends but also opens doors to potential lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Skill development news from the government
- The convocation ceremony was held for Mahatma Gandhi National Fellows (MGNF) on October 31, 2023, across nine Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs). Read more…
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributed over 51,000 appointment letters to new government recruits, emphasizing employment growth in both traditional and emerging sectors like renewable energy, space, defense, and automation.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to integrate AI courses into the education system from Class 6, as part of the ‘National Program on Artificial Intelligence Skilling Framework’.
- India and the UAE signed an MoU for educational cooperation, focusing on mobility, information exchange, capacity building, academic collaboration, and a Joint Working Group to oversee implementation.
- The Ministry of Education has partnered with the ATL Marathon program led by the Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, in association with UNICEF and YuWaah to empower young innovators.
Join the iMOVE Online Presentation “VET on the move: Health and Geriatric Care – Vocational and Further Training for Nursing Staff” for India.
Date of the event: 9 November 2023
Time: 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Last date to register: 8 November 2023
To register, kindly provide your name and email address by sending an email to email@example.com
To know more about the event, click on the link – https://www.imove-germany.de/en/event-reports/Health-and-Geriatric-Care-Vocational-and-Further-Training-for-Nursing-Staff.htm
NEP 2020 Orientation Workshop
Team NSN is organizing the next batch of our online interactive workshop “NEP 2020 Orientation for Colleges, Universities, and Training Organizations” on November 18th, 2023.
Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-orientation-workshop/
To know more about the workshop, click on the link – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nep-2020-orientation-for-colleges-universities-and-training-organizations-an-online-interactive-workshop/
Skill development news from the industry
- TSSC has partnered with ISAC and German Academy of Digital Education to introduce innovative digital courses to empower youth with essential cyber safety knowledge and practical skills.
- Stanford University’s AI Index Report 2023 highlights India’s key role in the global AI revolution, supported by data from LinkedIn indicating the highest AI skill penetration rates globally.
- CEMS has established strategic collaborations with IIM Mumbai, CYIENT, Seatech Solutions International Pte, and LSSC during the Global Maritime India Summit 2023 to enhance skill development and promote innovation.
- A ServiceNow-commissioned Pearson report highlights the need to upskill and reskill 16.2 million workers in India for AI and automation. This technology is set to transform the job market and create new tech jobs.
- NSDCI and EFS Facilities Services Group (EFS) have entered into an MoU to facilitate the mobility of skilled Indian workforce, particularly in the GCC countries.
- NSDC has partnered with HCLTech to address the skills gap, especially in the tech and engineering sectors and promote technology adoption among learners from various backgrounds and explore global markets and business opportunities.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- The Uttar Pradesh government is developing a strategy to enhance the infrastructure of government ITIs located in minority- and scheduled caste-dominated areas and equip them with modern facilities.
- Top performers from 72 trades at Jammu and Kashmir’s ITIs were facilitated in a at the first convocation ceremony on October 29, 2023.
- The government of Maharashtra to introduce Japanese, French and German Languages for SC students to seek jobs abroad at the first ITI to be set up in Chembur.
Skill development news from the academia
- The Principal Secretary of the Department of Skill Development and Training, S. Suresh Kumar, has urged polytechnic college students to pursue innovative projects, publish papers, and explore online courses beyond their curriculum.
- The Islamic University of Science and Technology (IUST) and SIDBI have partnered to introduce the STEM I-year Diploma Course to support aspiring entrepreneurs.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Himachal Pradesh: The Himachal Pradesh government has introduced 19 modern, industry-relevant courses in 17 ITIs during 2023-24, focusing on AI, IoT, e-vehicle technician.
- Jammu and Kashmir: The Indian Army’s vocational training center in South Kashmir’s Shopian district empowers local women by offering training in various skills like apple jam making, carpet crafting, Sozni embroidery, and driving.
- Maharashtra: A three-day training program on entrepreneurship and skill development, with a focus on “Medicinal and Aromatic Plants’ Cultivation, Processing, and Marketing,” was held at CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory in Pune.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.